Tuesday 15 January 2013

A drawing that took me two Sundays to finish

A couple of Sundays ago, at church, I started to draw a picture while listening to the sermon. By the end of the sermon, I had only drawn the sketch of the character, so that Sunday night when I was at church listening to the sermon I coloured some parts of the character in, but it wasn't finished. I still needed to colour the skin and the hair and I needed to do some shading on the clothing.

Over the week I forgot about my drawing and didn't finish colouring it in.

Last Sunday, at church, when I opened my sketchbook, so I could draw and listen to the sermon (which was well spoken by the minister), I saw the picture I had drawn the week before and started to colouring it in again. I coloured in the skin and the hair and did the shading on the clothing and then started doing a background, but the sermon ended before I could finish the background, so I left it and finished the background that evening while listening to the sermon.

2013 © Susannah Sylvester - All Rights Reserved

I like this picture quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment